Evangelical's Statement of Faith
The basic tenants of our faith are presented, with the understanding that the college holds to the historic, literal interpretation of the 66 Books of Holy Scripture. All issues of faith and practice are examined under the guidance of the Holy Spirit in obedience to the Scriptures.
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the Bible (in its 66 Books) to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God as originally given.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and visible return in power and glory.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he was tempted by Satan and fell, and that, because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for salvation.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life, and by whom the church is empowered to carry out Christ’s great commission.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.